Senior Modeling and Simulation Engineer/Analyst - #1902795
The MITRE Corporation
Why choose between doing meaningful work and having a fulfilling life? At MITRE, you can have both. That's because MITRE people are committed to tackling our nation's toughest challenges—and we're committed to the long-term well-being of our employees. MITRE is different from most technology companies. We are a not-for-profit corporation chartered to work for the public interest, with no commercial conflicts to influence what we do. The R&D centers we operate for the government create lasting impact in fields as diverse as cybersecurity, healthcare, aviation, defense, and enterprise transformation. We're making a difference every day—working for a safer, healthier, and more secure nation and world. Our workplace reflects our values. We offer competitive benefits, exceptional professional development opportunities, and a culture of innovation that embraces diversity, inclusion, flexibility, collaboration, and career growth. If this sounds like the choice you want to make, then choose MITRE—and make a difference with us.
We are currently seeking a Senior Modeling and Simulation Engineer/Analyst to join the Cross-cutting Urgent Innovation Cell (CUIC), an organization that is unique to MITRE because:
- We are team of analysts, scientists, innovators, and engineers focused on delivering meaningful solutions to national security challenges
- We concentrate on rapid prototyping, mission analysis, experimentation, and research together in a unique environment that is structured to optimize results.
- We leverage our strong relationships with our customers and their missions to drive innovation that helps solve our nation's biggest challenges.
CUIC relies on initiative and enthusiasm from individual staff members who work proactively and collaboratively towards common goals. We are looking for talented problem solvers with a passion for adapting emerging academic and commercial technologies to develop cross-cutting innovative solutions for the defense, intelligence, and civilian communities.
A Senior Modeling and Simulation Engineer/Analyst is needed who possesses a breadth of technical skills and strong programming capability. This position requires the development of analysis tools using math, physics, and programming, and then using those tools under direction from more senior staff to generate and assess results and extract key lessons learned. Successful candidate(s) will learn new techniques and approaches on-the-job working in collaboration with other team members.
- BS degree with at least 5-years of related experience in physics, applied mathematics, aerospace, software development, mechanical engineering or related discipline with a strong technical background
- Applicants selected for this position will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information or applicants who are eligible for security clearances.
- Experience performing cross-disciplinary work assessing concepts for physics-based analysis of national security challenges in operational contexts
- Experience with developing physics-based modeling and simulation tools and applying those tools to address research questions
- Experience with understanding simulation results, identifying areas for additional focus, and extracting critical lessons learned
- Proficient problem-solving and communications skills desired, as well as an interest in working in a highly collaborative environment with scientists, analysts, and technical experts across several technical disciplines.
- Desire to learn new techniques and approaches on-the-job by leveraging structured educational content, as well as expertise from team members.
- Experience creating agent-based models of complex systems
- Hands-on experience in adapting research done in academia and industry to "real-world" challenging data sources and problems sets
- Experience conducting quantitative data analysis using a variety of datasets
- Ability to formulate rigorous models based on loosely-defined or underspecified research questions and requirements
- Demonstrated proficiency in a modern programming language such as C/C++, Java, Python, MATLAB, Mathematica, or Analytica
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Secret level security clearance
- Masters or PhD with research experience in one of the above specified degree programs
- Proficiency with a modeling and simulation tools such as AFSIM, SEAS, or STORM.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following: aerodynamic systems, orbital mechanics, signal processing, sensor systems, and RF or EO/IR physics
- Possess an active Top Secret/SCI level security clearance
This requisition requires the candidate to have a minimum of the following clearance(s):
This requisition requires the hired candidate to have or obtain, within one year from the date of hire, the following clearance(s):
MITRE requires all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Newly hired employees must be fully vaccinated prior to their employment start date. MITRE will provide reasonable accommodation to those with a medical condition, disability or a sincerely held religious belief that prevents them from receiving a vaccine so long as it does not create an undue hardship for MITRE and/or does not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of the employee or others in the workplace.
MITRE is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. MITRE recruits, employs, trains, compensates, and promotes regardless of age; ancestry; color; family medical or genetic information; gender identity and expression; marital, military, or veteran status; national and ethnic origin; physical or mental disability; political affiliation; pregnancy; race; religion; sex; sexual orientation; and any other protected characteristics. For further information please visit the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission website EEO is the Law Poster, EEO is the Law Poster-Supplement and Pay Transparency.
MITRE intends to maintain a website that is fully accessible to all individuals. If you are unable to search or apply for jobs and would like to request a reasonable accommodation for any part of MITRE's employment process, please contact MITRE's Recruiting Help Line at 703-983-8226 or email at [email protected]
Copyright © 1997-2021, The MITRE Corporation. All rights reserved. MITRE is a registered trademark of The MITRE Corporation. Material on this site may be copied and distributed with permission only.
Benefits information may be found here
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.