Senior Technical Writer , Solutions Architecture - #1896493
As a Senior Technical Writer within the AWS Solutions Architecture organization, you will work within a stellar technical content team to ensure our solutions content is relevant, accurate, easy to find, and fresh. Your success enables AWS customers to learn which solutions address their needs as well as how to implement their chosen solutions.
What makes this role exciting? It's a great opportunity to partner cross-functionally with like-minded innovators who are similarly obsessed with helping our customers build their success on AWS.
Amazon is deeply committed to being a leader in the web services marketplace. We use data to understand how well we are meeting our goals. We're not afraid to switch gears quickly as needed. We provide a safe environment to explore, experiment, and iterate in support of better customer experiences. We are kind, and you are, too.
You have excellent writing, editing, time management, and communication skills. You bring a critical eye in support of our customers. Your technical background helps you interact effectively with Solutions Architects, Product Managers, and Program Managers. You are curious and enjoy learning new technologies. As a strong collaborator, you have backbone and advocate on behalf of our customers, yet you are able to commit and disagree when needed.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Key job responsibilities
- Work with subject matter experts to gather information: why the solution is important (business value), what it does, how it's architected, and how to implement it. Being able to ask great questions and advocate for customers is an important part of this role.
- Write and edit technical content for many formats: implementation guides, developer guides, architecture diagrams, and web pages.
- Use AWS to setup and test solutions as needed while developing technical content.
- Optimize the online content you develop for search engines.
- Write and edit content using XML authoring tools and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) content management system (CMS).
- Collaborate with web analytics (business analytics) partners to develop customer insights and recommended actions regarding the content you manage.
- Apply and contribute to editorial style guides as needed in support of our different publishing mediums and channels.
A day in the life
- Work closely with Solution Architects to develop Implementation Guides, Developer Guides, Architecture Diagrams, and reference and conceptual documentation.
- Deploy and test Solutions Implementations on AWS.
- Engage stakeholders throughout the development lifecycle, scope the required effort, define and communicate content development plans and schedules.
- Review draft guides and provide feedback
- Stage and publish content for each release
- Collaborate with other Technical Writers on processes, content reviews and approvals
About the team
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- At least seven years of experience as a technical writer in the software field.
- At least two years of experience authoring technical content using a markup language, such XML.
- Experience working in a CMS platform; Adobe AEM a plus.
- Exceptional writing, editing, collaboration, and communication skills.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, agile environment.
- High-level understanding of cloud computing, IT infrastructure, and different programming languages.
- Experience using web analytics to measure content performance and identify actionable insights.
- Experience measuring SEO performance and optimizing content to increase organic traffic.
- Experience managing content for translation and localization.
- Bachelor's degree in English, technical writing, or related field, or comparable job experience.
- Editorial and project management experience.
- Experience working successfully in teams and helping others in your team succeed.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.