Electro-Mechanical Technician - #1882816
Liquid Robotics, a Boeing Company
Liquid Robotics is currently seeking a skilled Electro-Mechanical Technician. Reporting to the Manufacturing Manager, this position entails handling, cleaning, troubleshooting, testing, diagnosing, performing preventative maintenance, and repairing assorted electro-Mechanical assemblies. The ability to adapt to a fast paced and dynamic environment is essential. This role will be based in Herndon, VA and will require travel to Sunnyvale, California the first 6 months for training.
- Assembly, test, troubleshooting and repair of electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Perform complex and difficult tests with minimal instruction and documentation.
- Ability to communicate technical problems and work with others (technicians, engineers, field operators, etc.), as required to solve them.
- Provide coaching to other technicians in areas of proven competence.
- Comply with HS&E policies and procedures.
- Install hardware and software configurations.
- Identify, analyze and repair product failures.
- Perform preventative maintenance or calibration of systems
- Tracking of materials and project related documentation
- Completing all necessary quality documents
- Maintain a clean and orderly work area
- Maintaining and ordering supplies and tools.
- Other duties and assignments as required.
SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Advanced skills in assembling of electro-mechanical devices.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints, wiring diagrams, assembly prints and parts lists and follow procedures and maintenance practices.
- Proficiency in the use of multi-meters and other basic instruments.
- Proficiency in the use of measurement and gauging equipment and processes.
- Technical diploma, Associates, or Bachelor’s degree in Electrical or Mechanical field preferred.
- 5+ years’ relevant industrial experience.
- Familiarity with serial and network communication tools like TeraTerm and PuTTY.
- Ability to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to work outside (rain or shine) and walk a ¼ mile distance.
- Will require travel to Sunnyvale, California the first 6 months for training.
- U.S. Person or Permanent Residency status Required.
Liquid Robotics designs and manufactures Wave Gliders®, the world’s first wave and solar powered autonomous ocean robots. With partners, they address challenges facing defense, Oil & Gas, commercial and science customers by making ocean data collections and communications easier safer and in real-time. Liquid Robotics was acquired by Boeing in December of 2016 and operates as an independent non-integrated subsidiary.
For more info, please visit www.liquid-robotics.com
Liquid Robotics is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
As a U.S. government contractor, Liquid Robotics will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 by December 8, 2021. Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation during the post-offer process. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures. Employees working in certain positions may be required to undergo frequent COVID-19 testing prior to December 8th if they are not fully vaccinated.
The candidate must provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19 or undergo frequent COVID-19 testing (and possibly other health and safety measures). Effective December 8th, 2021, Boeing will require all new hires and employees located in the United States to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (without frequent testing as an alternative). Individuals who are unable to be fully vaccinated due to a disability/medical condition or sincerely held religious belief may apply for a reasonable accommodation. Individuals who are approved for a reasonable accommodation will be subject to frequent COVID-19 testing and possibly other health and safety measures.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.