PACU RN Clinician 2 Full-Time, PACU - #1841715
UVA Medical Center
ANA Scope and Standards of Practice definition of nursing:
Nursing is the protection, promotion, and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, facilitation of healing, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, groups, communities and populations
This job description integrates the ANA 2015 Nursing: Scope and Standards of Practice, Third Edition and the ANA Code of Ethics for Nurses with Interpretive Statements (ANA, 2015), and the UVA Nursing Professional Practice Model.
- Relationship Based Care - Self and Colleagues: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience
- Relationship Based Care - Patients and Families: reflects the influence of the nurse’s relationship with self, colleagues and patient/family on the patient experience
- Expert Caring: encompasses clinical assessment, planning, prioritizing, coordinating and implementation of care
- Empowered Leaders: demonstrate knowledge of and actively participate in shared governance
- Lifelong Learners: encompasses professional development through formal education, professional certification, internal and external learning opportunities and recognizes the value of external professional organizations. Supports onboarding of new team members and precepts as applicable
- Quality Achievement: includes adherence to clinical documentation guidelines, comprehension of outcomes data, engagement in performance improvement activities and commitment to standard work
- Innovation: is demonstrated by application of technologies that support patient care, actively seeking to implement evidence based practice and new knowledge generated by nursing research
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned
Education: Graduate of an accredited nursing program required. Bachelor of Science in Nursing required within 5 years of hire
Experience: 1 year of relevant experience
Licensure: Licensed to Practice as a Registered Nurse in the Commonwealth of Virginia. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required
Job requires standing for prolonged periods, frequently traveling, bending/stooping. Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 - 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, blood/body fluids and infectious disease.
COVID Vaccination Requirement
The University of Virginia expects all current and new employees (UVA Health System and Academic), to be vaccinated against COVID-19
If hired to work within the University Health System, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to receive the vaccination. Employees may request a medical or religious exemption from vaccination
If hired to work on the Academic side of the University, excluding the School of Medicine, School of Nursing, UPG, and the Health Systems Library, you will be required to provide proof of vaccination or be willing to submit to mandatory, weekly prevalence testing. Employees that are working 100% remotely will not be subject to weekly prevalence testing; however, if the employee works on UVA Grounds (including the Medical Center) even intermittently, then they are required to be tested for COVID-19 once per week on an indefinite basis and follow masking mandates
NOTE: Some medical and safety-sensitive positions require vaccination and are not eligible for an exemption. For more information on how the vaccination and testing requirements will apply to you at your work location, see the UVA New Hire Vaccination Requirements webpage
The University of Virginia, i ncluding the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.